Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 10: Songs

Day 10: Songs  You Listen to When you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad

I could probably give you a million songs for each of these categories. I love music! I listen to music a lot, and I can often convey my feelings through the words of a song. There's so many talented artists out there and a lot of amazing songs. There isn't just one specific genre that I listen to all the time, though my definite favorite is Country. I love listening to church music on Sundays. One of my favorite things growing up is how my mom always was playing some kind of church music throughout the whole day on her stereo. I've started doing that myself as well. The playlist at the bottom of my page has some of the music I listen to on a regular basis, but there's definitely a lot more. Since

Happy: There isn't one specific song I go to when I'm happy...pretty much anything uplifting and happy will do! I  guess it also depends on what type of "happy" I am. Going through my playlist, I just saw a song that I absolutely love, Pop Goes My Heart, from Music and Lyrics. I also really love the song, Vanilla Twilight, by Owl City.

Sad: Whenever I'm having a bad day, I always listen to the song "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter. I loved this song when I first heard it several years ago on American Idol; they would play it anytime someone was sent home. Since then, I just always like to listen to it when I'm sad! It always makes me feel better. Occasionally, I'll listen to the version that was in the first Alvin and the Chipmunks movie...I think it's so cute and it makes me smile. I usually really dislike movies with talking animals, but Alvin and the Chipmunks is definitely an exception. I could watch the two movies that have come out over and over again.

Bored: Pretty much I'll just listen to anything that comes on. Sometimes I take being bored as a time for me to go out and search for new music to listen to!

Hyped: There are a few songs that are particularly fun to listen to when I'm feeling hyper, or restless. Last year, my roommates and I would always listen to music as we got ready for dances, or just for a fun night. I think one of our favorite songs was "Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night" by the Black Eyed Peas. My friend, Eric, had this awesome mix of songs that we would always blast when we would drive around in his sweet car. There are also certain songs that always just pout me in a real go-get-em mood, like Rockstar by Pink, Your Love is My Drug by Ke$ha, and one that Forrest recently introduced to me, The World's Greatest by R.Kelly. I listen to that song when I get ready in the morning. haha. 

Mad: Well, it depends on what I'm mad about. Honestly, I don't get mad hardly ever. And when I'm mad, I usually don't want to do anything, even listen to music. Luckily that doesn't happy often at all. When I was in high school, there were a few Relient K songs I would blast when I was angry about something...but I haven't done that since, well, high school.

If you ever need recommendations for music though, let me know. I have tons of suggestions! ;-)




Photobucket

No comments: