Friday, October 15, 2010

Flashback Friday!

As I was reading Busy Bee Lauren's blog yesterday, her post reminded me of something I did in high school. I had forgotten about it until now, but I thought I'd share it...you know, from back in my super rebellious days ;-) haha.

One night I was hanging out with my friend Cortney. Our friend, Kelly, called and asked if we wanted to hang out with her and this guy from our stake (I think people called him Smiley...I really don't remember). We had nothing else to do, so we decided to meet up with them and hang out. Because it was a Friday night, we were up for finding something fun to do, rather than just sitting around and watching a movie. I can't remember who brought it up, but someone suggested that we "gipetto". I had no idea what this was, but I am all about trying new things, and after they explained it, it seemed harmless enough. So I was totally on board with the idea.

What is gipettoing? Well, because, it's putting a cardboard (or wooden) cutout of a cat in the middle of a street when it's dark outside, staking out somewhere that passing cars can't see you, and wait for cars to approach. Pretty much all you do is wait and see if cars slam on their brakes to avoid hitting the "cat". Boy was it funny! Cars would swerve out of the way and slam on their brakes, or they would just slow down really slow, to try and figure out what was in the middle of the street. At one point, a group of guys jumped out of their car and tried to grab it, because they realized what was going on. My friend, Kelly, jumped out of our car and booked it towards the cat and grabbed it before they could. It was pretty funny.

Now that I think about it, this probably isn't the best thing to do...making cars slam on their brakes. But at the time, it was pretty much the coolest thing ever.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mars said...

LOL that's so funny! I've definitely done it before. Now that I think about it...that is pretty dangerous lol.