Sunday, January 17, 2010

Writer's block continues

So I have all these awesome, "blog of the year" type posts in my draft folder that I have been meaning to finish and post, but I just haven't had the motivation to complete. So, instead I'll post this silly little survey thing. Yay!


(oh and I finally broke the single digits on comments on my last post. I was really excited, okay?)


1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? I went to Mexico and I went Skydiving! yay!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? 
I make no resolutions. So, no. Resolutions are for fools! 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Oh yes. Two of my wonderful sisters gave birth to two of the cutest little baby girls ever, Lyla and Kacianna :)


4. Did anyone close to you die? 
Not that I can think of. So, that would probably be no. Seeing as I would probably remember if someone close to me died. That, or I have no heart. 

5. What countries did you visit? 
Mexico! Hmm...I still need to  blog about that. 

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Money, clothes, shoes...Material things like that. Love, peace, hope...cheesy things such as that. But in all actuality, I would like a little bit more money, a little less credit card debt...both of which will be accomplished with  my big huge tax refund that should be coming my way. Maybe more confidence (despite the fact that I act really full of myself)...Hmm. More cute boys that admit their undying love to me, perhaps? 


7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Hmmm...Too many to name. Well, more I don't feel like figuring out the exact dates. 


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Becoming the most awesome person in the whole entire world. 


9. What was your biggest failure? 
What? I'm offended that this question is even here. Someone of superb awesomeness like me does not fail. 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Well I got a nasty sickness in Mexico. But we won't go into that. But beyond that, just the usual constant headaches. Those sure are fun. 


11. What was the best thing you bought? 
One of the five phones I bought.  (heh, yeah, I really have a problem). Um. I bought this really cute dress two days before the end of the year. I really can't remember anything I bought. 

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Everyone. 


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? 
Stars with a J, ends with an eremy. More so just made me depressed. Perhaps the President. He really has done nothing in my eyes that deserves any sort of recognition 

14. Where did most of your money go? 
Tuition, housing, and credit card bill!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? This cute boy I really had/have a big ol' crush on. Seeing my family. Getting a C in my Music 201 class. 


16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Oh boy...there were a lot. Long Shot by Kelly Clarkson, I wanna by All-American Rejects, Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble...Actually, just listen to my playlist at the bottom of the page (which I took off automatic play, by the way. Apparently that option is disliked). Most of those songs. 


17. Compared to this time last year, are you... 
Happier, older, more awesome, strong testimony, more confident, more excited for the future year, better shape

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? 
Well Freshman year I wish I would have been more social. I wish I had gone to the Temple more the first 3/4 of the year. It probably would have been good if I had slept more...

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Procrastinating. Wasting my time on a silly boy. Interior design homework. 


20. How did you spend Christmas? In the company of my wonderful family
.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Love...What an interesting word/concept that is. 


22. What was your favorite TV program? 24 (season 8 starts TONIGHT!), American Idol, Say Yes to the Dress, 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom, Secret Life of the American Teenager (don't lynch/judge me). 


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate people. So no. 


24. What was the best book you read? 
I'm embarassed to say I haven't really finished any books. I've started them, but not finished. That will change this year. 

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? 
Owl City. 'Nuff said. 

26. What did you want and get? 
A freaking awesome job that paid me extremely well. Too bad they moved the company to Chicago. I might still be working there.

27. What did you want and not get? 
Hmmm...I dunno. 

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Star Trek!


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 
I turned 20, and at that point, was no longer attractive to males. What did I do? Well, two days before my roommates and friends took me out to Olive Garden and then had a fun little party for me. On the actual day, I went out to dinner with Cindy, AJ, David, Kristalyn, and all their kiddos. And I worked. 

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? 
No comment. 

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Sweat pants and aprons. 


32. What kept you sane? 
The Gospel.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Mitt Romney for public figure. I love him. As for celebrity...Kiefer Sutherland. 


34. What political issue stirred you the most? 
Anything that Obama did. 

35. Who did you miss? Mi familia!


36. Who was the best new person you met? 
Hm...In no particular order:

Charbel! Hilary, Stephanie, Ammon, Kristian, David, FHE brothers, and other people.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: 
Time heals everything, and right when things don't seem to ever be getting better...they do. I learned a lot of life-long lessons this year. 

38. What are you looking forward to in 2010? 
School (who would have thought?!), Church, applying to the Communications program, potentially being an EFY counselor, meeting more awesome and new people.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Pain throws your heart to the ground. Love turns the whole thing around. No it won't all go the way it should, but I know the heart of life is good." --John Mayer. This song is basically the theme song of 2009 :)


Photobucket

4 comments:

Jules AF said...

I totally remember when I got 10 comments for the first time. It was awesome.

Kristina P. said...

I watch pretty much all of those shows too, and I'm like 12 years older than you.

I can't wait for Jack tonight. I like Rene and they are bringing her back. If they bring Audrey back, I will boycott the show.

Vanessa said...

I too wish I would procrastinate less, we'll see how that goes. Haha.

Mars said...

This was fun to read. I would do it right now but I'm work...and I have no internet at home because I'm poor. One day maybe I should do one of these.