Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Oh, you're supposed to park BETWEEN the lines?





Need I say more?


Probably. I can't park a car. No matter how big the parking space, or small the car, I always come out crooked. Sometimes I wonder how I passed my drivers test. Not only did I park crooked that day, but I did the entire test with my e-brake on. The person who gave me the test didn't even mention either of those things. Fail.

I won't even mention how many times I got a note on my car in high school telling me to "park in my own spot" or "learn how to park." I cherish those notes. They make me laugh. Don't get me wrong, I try and park correctly. It just never happens. I seriously am scared to death that I am going to hit the cars next to me. Especially when I'm driving our family van. The other day I was driving around at Target (which, I am proud to say, I have been to about 6 times since I've been home), and I started to pull into a spot, only to immediately pull out because I was convinced I was about to hit one of the cars next to me. Let's just say I parked at the very back of the parking lot. Next to no cars. I think I should get an award for worst parker of the year. So, along with What Not To Wear, feel free to nominate.

Honestly, I find it hilarious. Even though I know it makes it harder for people to park around me when I park all crookedly, it makes me laugh. I've never had much coordination, so I guess I'll blame my issues with parking on that. Even though they probably have nothing to do with each other.

All I have to say is that I will never try to parallel park. That's a disaster waiting to happen.

5 comments:

Tasha said...

My mom is the same way. She collects those rude "learn how to park" notes as well, and says that some day she wants to enter that collection into the fair. Good thing you guys are in different counties!

Jules AF said...

I suck at parking as well.

Snash said...

I may not always park straight but I'm always between the lines. I'm usually pretty good about parking though.

Hilary said...

hey, why'd you take down your Ode to Ammoniam post? I was so excited to read it =(

Ammon said...

Haha I was seriously just telling my sister yesterday how parking has always come really easy to me, but seriously I should marry your GPS navigator... ;)