Friday, December 25, 2009

Ho, Ho, Ho...Merry Christmas!

"This Christmas, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more


Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your leave and then speak it again . . . Christmas is a celebration, and there is no celebration that compares with the realization of the true meaning of Christmas -- with the sudden stirring of the heart that has extended itself unselfishly in the things that matter most."
--President Howard W. Hunter 
First Presidency Christmas Devotional 
December 1994


Merry Christmas, everyone! I love this quote from President Hunter and I am going to definitely try my hardest to heed its advice. What a beautiful time of year it is, and I know I personally have so much to be grateful for. Most of my family is here (except for Daniel and Charbel...Let's all pray for a Christmas miracle that Charbel can come soon), and I couldn't ask for much more. Even though I usually despise the snow, I'm so happy we'll have a White Christmas this year! I hope we can all remember the true meaning of Christmas and spend time with those we love the most. I know I am :) 


"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his should: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6



© David Lindsley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just for a little bit of holiday cheer, since we all know you all will see a lot of these in the future, here's the pajamas the elves left me.**



**Every year, we go out and look at Christmas lights as a family . . . and when we come back, the elves have mysteriously left us pajamas! Don't be jealous that my fam has an in with Santa and his elves. Not everyone can be that cool. :)

2 comments:

Mars said...

I love that quote too! It truely is a great time of year to remind us of things we should do all the time.

Lovin the PJs the elves left you :) Some elves left me some too!

Merry Christmas!

Kristina P. said...

Merry Christmas, Katie!