Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Chipmunks!

Today, I officially have found my new favorite movie.

No, not Avatar. I've never been one to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to movies, music, and life in general. The fact that everyone is so obsessed with it has deterred my interest in seeing that movie. And I just have a feeling I would hate it. Mainly because I don't like most movies.

Anyways. This is my new favorite movie:



Ha Ha. I know. Feel free to laugh all you want. But I found this movie to be particularly endearing and incredibly cute. There's just something about singing chipmunks that make me smile. Growing up, I always watched the TV show, and enjoyed listening to classics like the Hula Hoop Christmas song (whatever it's called. Not a big deal.) So imagine my delight when the first movie came out a few years ago. I was totally taken in by their voices (probably because I have been compared to sounding like a chipmunk when I am either being a) fake or b) on the phone) and the cute plot line of the movie. I felt it was incredibly well done. And let's just say I have been obsessed with some of their versions of songs since. Like "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter? Love it. It always turns my bad days right around! I even have some of the songs on my playlist. Some of my lovely roommates don't overly enjoy the sounds of those cute little creatures, but it doesn't stop me from playing it.

Anyways, I was so excited when I heard a sequel (squeakuel!) was coming out. Especially because the preview had them singing Right Round by Flo Rida. I love that song. I asked my mom if we could go see it over break, and she obliged. So tonight I went with my parents, my little brother Michael, and Diana and her kiddos. It was so great. I think I laughed the entire time. And, as much as I loved the first one, this was even better. That was definitely a relief, as sometimes (as in, 9 times out of 10), sequels aren't so wonderful. I loved the guy who played Toby. It made me want to go watch both seasons of Chuck. I kind of have a little crush on that guy (what can I say...I like the nerdy ones.) And the chipettes? Adorable! I just can't get over how much I loved the movie. And, in true Katie fashion, I got a little teary eyed at a few different times. Especially when (spoiler alert) Toby sang his little song to the girl he loved in high school, went out in the crowd, attempted to give her a hand shake, and she just gave him a big hug. I just found it so sweet for some reason. And was surprisingly happy that they didn't kiss, as most movies would have had them do. It was precious. And I found the little crushes that were developed between the chipmunks and the chipettes were adorable. Especially Theodore and Eleanor. What a cute, chubby, chipmunk love that was. Sigh.

So pretty much, I just had to tell everyone how much I loved this movie. I don't typically buy movies, ever, but this one I will likely splurge on when it comes out. And you'd better believe I downloaded the songs from the movie. Have no fear, roommates. You will be hearing more Alvin and the Chipmunks in the future.  Get excited, because I know I am.


Oh, and I've watched more movies in the past 2  days than I have in like 3 months. Which would be three movies. It's a big deal. And I loved all of them. Megan and I red boxed The Accidental Husband. It was way adorable. And surprisingly, not really raunchy like most chick flicks are. It was just a really cute, predictable movie. It made me happy. Everyone should watch it. Then yesterday for Family Home Evening, we went to The Christmas Carol. Although I have seen this classic tale done in so many different fashions (Flinstones, Jetsons, Donald Duck....you know, all the cartoon versions), I still enjoyed it. The beginning was rather slow, but besides that, I thought it was really well done. The animation was great, and all the voices portrayed the characters very well. My momma and I particularly enjoyed the ending. Gotta love Tiny Tim. After watching this, I have felt motivated to actually read the book. I have a new goal to read more, since I never do it anymore. Good idea, eh?

Oh and no sweets for a month (I don't have enough willpower for a year), starting January 1st. You'd better believe I'm indulging myself before then.




7 comments:

Hilary said...

hey yo. real comment: I laugh that you think Alvin and the Chipmunks is so great. I really don't understand where everyone loses their head over them. but they sing cute, haha.

lame comment: I think you meant, "I really like that guy" as opposed to "gay" when you were talking about Toby guy from Chuck... unless he's gay. And hugs a girl from HS. but that's cool, I'm not like, against gays if he was or something. and feel free to delete this comment if you wish (after you correct the issue).

Jules AF said...

My niece YELLS: AAAAAAAAALLLLLBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn

It is the cutest thing ever.

Babzanne Barker said...

Well written, Katie-o! You must be practicing getting the grammar right for your debut on the BYU blog! I'm right, aren't I?!! love, Mom

Diana said...

I loved it so much too! My mouth hurt from smiling through the whole thing, lol. There's just something about those cute little chipmunks! haha

Anonymous said...

The Chipmunks sequeal looks like a good fun movie to see. I need to see it.

Oh, and Avatar is a good movie, unless you focus on small political nuances and think it is a left leaning political movie...

Vanessa said...

Aww my niece loves this movie. Adorable.

Snash said...

You should see Avatar, it's mind blowing.