Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Something feels fishy

Have you ever had one of those times where you just feel like something is going to happen? You don't know what it is, or when it is going to happen, or if it's good or bad . . . just that something relatively big is going to happen soon?


Well, even if you haven't, today that happened to me.


And I don't like it. 


Hoy mi hermanito y madre y yo fuimos a la banco. (I'm trying to better my Spanish, so I will be incorporating it into my blogs at random points throughout posts. Probably just one random sentence, because I like writing in English more. Don't worry, I'll provide a translation for the Spanish-illiterate. Which is usually me, so don't feel bad)


Today my brother and and mom and I went to the bank. As I was walking in, the strangest feeling came over me. I honestly cannot even explain it. For the next hour, I just felt like something is about to happen in my life. The feeling wasn't negative or positive, and it was just weird. Like I said, I didn't like it. I don't know why. I mentioned it to my mom and she's like "It's the anticipation for something that's about to happen." Whatever that means. Nothing is about to happen to me, that I know of. Since I got home, the intense feeling has passed, but I still feel weird. My head kind of hurts too.


Has this ever happened to anyone else? Or am I just crazy? It was just an interesting phenomenon. 


Oh, and I'm obsessed with these boots that I got for Christmas: 



(And yes, those are my super attractive legs modeling them)


I wear them everywhere. They are so stinkin' comfortable, and I'm not sure how I lived without them so long. I have even set out to find a cute dress to go with them, just so I can wear them to Church rather than the shoes I typically sport, which make me feet really cold. I suggest everyone go and buy a pair of these. Mine are from Target. Unless you're a boy. Please don't wear them. 


Oh, and quick survey: Do you guys like my new layout and the music I have up? I was bored today and decided to do a bit of a blog makeover. It's not the greatest, but it's a start, right?


And one last thing. Anyone that wants to write for the BYUSA blog, let me know. I'm trying to get all my writers so we can get it started soon! :)


Quote of the day: 
Me: "It's okay if I call her weird. I'm pretty weird myself."
Mom: "Let's not call ourselves weird. Let's call ourselves quirky"
Thanks Mom. I'll keep that in mind.



8 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

who were you calling weird? and also, that is freaky that feeling you were talking about! Let me know if anything happens, but hopefully only good things!!

Kristina P. said...

I like the new layout.

Here's to hoping it's something good that will happen! Like seeing The Hoff shirtless on TV!

Jules AF said...

I like the layout! I got a free 25 dollar makeover from April Showers, which I think you got too? So I'm waiting for that. I can't wait for it to happen! I hate the look of my blog.

Jules AF said...

And I heard no music until I looked for the player, but automatic players= pooooooo

Seneca said...

Oh my gosh Katie! Love the music, well actually I have only heard Then by Brad so far (yes we are on a first name status) and I am way happy! Love this stink'n song. Love what you've done with the place too! Ooh and I know exactly what you are talking about! Prognostication I think it is called.... I get it all the time.

Vanessa said...

Muy divertido! Hablo espanol! Barely. I took 2 year and I can just put a few sentences together. I do use things in my daily life though. It's crazy.

I just got boots like that for Christmas, in dark brown from Nine West! LOVE them. They are so comfy and I've been wearing them as often as I can. Which is right now.

I'm at work so I can't hear the music but I like the background! 8)

Diana said...

Maybe you felt like that because Kristalyn was about to have her baby! Last night, about the time that it turns out she was having really strong contractions I couldn't get her off of my mind, and I was feeling so bad that I wasn't going to be there to help her when the baby came. I can't believe she was in labor right then and I didn't even know it! Maybe we all have some kind of sibling connection and that's why we had wierd feelings yesterday!

Mars said...

I get weird feelings like that sometimes too. I hate it-drives me crazy! Anyway I hope only good things come your way :) And I LOVE YOUR BOOTS! SO CUTE!! Even though 40 and 50 degrees is super cold to me now (sad huh?) I think people look stupid in arizona wearing uggs/boots like that of any kind. It just isn't right when the sun is out & there are palm trees everywhere...just doesn't work for me. But yours are cute-perfect for CO & UT! HAPPY NEW YEAR!