Thursday, September 10, 2009

A couple good quotes

I just opened up my scriptures, and the first thing I flipped to was a quote I had been given awhile back. I forgot I even had it, but I think it's one that's good enough to share :) And since I'm kind of in the mood for quotes, I'll post a few more I've found lately that I really have liked.



We may feel singled out at times when adversity enters our lives. We may shake our head and wonder, "Why me?" But the dial on the wheel of sorrow eventually points to each of us. At one time or another, everyone must experience sorrow. No one is exempt.
--Elder Wirthlin

~
So if you have problems in your life, don't assume there is something wrong with you. Struggling with those problems is at the very core of life's purpose. As we draw close to God, He will show us our weaknesses and through them make us wiser, stronger. If you're seeing more of your weaknesses, that just might mean you're moving nearer to God, not farther away.
--Bruce C. Hafen

~

Keep your covenants and you will be safe. Break them, and you will not.
--Elder Boyd K Packer

~

When one door of happiness closes, another one opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
--Helen Keller

~

And this is one I've posted before, but continues to be my favorite quote ever:

Each of us will have our own Fridays--those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of the world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays. But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death--Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come. No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, in this life or the next, Sunday will come.
--Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

Oh, and on an unrelated note, would it be weird if I joined the pre-dental club at BYU, even though I'm not pre-dental?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Friday? The description sounds like Mondays lol. But you are right, that is an awesome quote. And yes, I think it would be weird to join the club, so I think you should do it. Weird is better lol. And I guess I'd missed the Dentist post. So I'll comment about that here. I'm so sorry! That sounds like it hurts alot! I think that you should marry a dentist and then have a kid that is a dentist for when he retires.