Thursday, September 18, 2008

I should probably marry a dentist

So I have several blogs I need to put up..I'll be posting more tomorrow, but I'm tired, and I started this one a few days ago..alright, you may continue now!

Yes, this is yet ANOTHER post about my dental issues. So, as some of you probably remember, right before I left for Utah, I thought all my problems with my stupid tooth were over..Oh..they should have been. But no, last night, when i was eating ONE (I swear, just one) chocolate chip, my whole bridge fell off! My dentist told me that the temporary cement would keep it in place until November when they could permanently cement it in. Yeah, they were wrong. I should have known not to trust a dentist other than my own (When I had to get it put in, my wonderful regular dentist, Dr. Oldershaw, was in Europe). Well, this morning I called around until I found a dentist office that could get me in...I could not wait til next week like most of the places were wanting me too! The whole back of my mouth was so sensitive, I couldn't even brush my teeth. And I'm a tad bit obsessive about brushing my teeth! Anyways, Daniel took me (is he not the best big brother ever?), and I got it put back in. Let me say, this was honestly the most painful dental experience of my LIFE. I'm not even kidding. They did not numb me at all, and when they were doing the water spraying stuff, I honestly almost started crying. I don't think I have ever experienced pain like that before. And then he was all tapping arounf with his metal pick thing...I am so grateful for anithestics, and I will never again go the dentist without insisting they make me good and numb. Agh....So I keep saying that I hope that this is the last dental issue I have this tooth, but that doesn't seem to work so...I hope this isn't the end! Oh, and my blog title? I figure that I will never get this problem solved, so I might as well find myself a dentist to marry..ya know, keep the costs low!

Anyways, I have a few updates to do...I'll start with the football game. We played UCLA, and supposedly, we weren't supposed to do so hot against them. Well....Take a look at the final score :-P 59-0 baby!

Here's some pictures from the game! I went with my roommates, and then also sat with my friends, Rachael and Cortney.

Every year BYU has a five dollar t-shirt they sell, and pretty much everyone buys it. I just put the picture of me wearing it as my main picture on my blog, so check it out if you haven't seen it already!

Before the game, there was a tailgater at the Hinckley Building. That building is SO beautiful. It's huge! The party was held in the backyard of it. There was free pizza, root beer floats, and entertainment. There were some rocking bands/a Capella groups..haha. They both sang the same song though. It felt a bit repetitive. I went with Andrea, Christie, Lindsay, and Taylor..It was way fun :)


After the tailgater, we walked back to our apartment so Lindsay and Christie could put on some shorts, because man...it was HOT outside. Honestly, I can't wait for it to start cooling down. My theory is, cold weather is the best, because you can always get warmer, with like a blanket, a fire, a hoodie..lots of things. But when your hot, there's very little you can do about it. It's quite the unfortunate situation. Anyways, we then headed to the game.

My brother Daniel was there too, he actually had seats pretty close to us! That was cool!











This was like the funnest game! I definitely damage my voice during it :-P Which became quite apparent at Church the next day when I couldn't sing past the middle line during songs..hehe. It was worth it though! I had so much fun with all of my friends..I'm glad I got an all sports pass! BYU completely pulverized UCLA, as I mentioned earlier. It was the worst UCLA had been beat since like 1929 or something like that! Quite the accomplishments...I don't feel like writing captions for all these pictures though, so I'll let you use your imagination about what was going on, and try and think of a caption that might be as witty as something I would put (difficult, I know.)








Oh, I forgot to mention that before the game earlier that day, my brother Daniel came over for breakfast! He made some delicious breakfast burritos, and I made some orange rolls coughtookthemoutoffacontainercough. It was really yummy!!

After the game, Me, Cortney, and Rachael went out to dinner at Subway! I just love hanging out with them....We always have SO much fun together! Afterwards we walked around campus for awhile. Awhile later, we went to the BYUSA sponsored "BYU Freshman Facebook Group Party". Ha ha. So there was this group made on facebook, BYU Freshman 08-09, and it got pretty big, a party was planned, BYUSA took over, and yeah. It was fun. The music wasn't the greatest selection, but they played So Close from Enchanted, which is like the best song ever, so it's all good. I was slightly disappointed because my great dance posse (aka my roommates) could not make it to this dance..but the next one, they'd better be there ;-) haha It was funny, during that song, I was dancing with some kid and i was like "oh man, this is my favorite song. I feel like I should be doing the waltz though. Even though I don't know how." For some reason, that qued him to spin me like 4 times. It was funny.

Me and some friends at the dance! Woo hoo!!













I love these two girls :) They are so much fun and we get along really well!!


We took like 15 pictures. This is the only one that was really very good. Though Cortney's eyes are closed..but it was a necessary measure i had to take (because i thought i looked good in this one..hehe)









After the dance, we wanted to go to Wendy's. We got there right at 11, and people were walking in still..but no, the door closed right as we were about to go in, and no one was nice enough to let us in...it was quite the let down


We settled on Baskin Robbins inside. Oh my gosh, this place is totally legitimate (I will be writing about this crazy utah trend of saying everything is "legit" in a later blog. It will be. so. so. special). The ice cream I got, apple pie a la Mode, was probably the best ice cream ever. It was like an apple pie. with ice cream. all in one. I pretty much just wanted to buy all of it. But i resisted. That many calories would totally not be cool.





There is no reason for me to post this picture. I just thought I looked beautiful. haha, just kidding. I did like the picture though!











They are like seriously the poster children for Baskin Robbins. No kidding. Okay, maybe I am kidding. But anyways..fun night..be sure to tune in tomorrow for some totally amazing blogs. you don't want to miss out!

5 comments:

Diana said...

I love hearing baout all of your fun BYU adventures. It sounds like you are having a blast! You look so cute in all of the pictures. I miss you! =)

Kristalyn said...

You do look cute in all of those pictures. They didn't have those 5 dollar t-shirts when I was there, I'm feeling ripped off. REading your blog totally makes me miss BYU. :)

Babzanne Barker said...

Wow! Fun times! There's no place like good old BYU!!

Unknown said...

I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.
Lawrenceville dentist

Santanu Mondal said...

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information...

tooth sensitivity to cold