Friday, February 13, 2009

Megan Comes to Provo!

This last weekend my friend Megan came down to Provo to visit. Megan is one of my very best friends, but I haven't seen her since probably like June of last year. It was kind of ridiculous. She is currently going to school at the lesser BYU (Idaho)..just kidding. But really. This last Tuesday she came down to take her brother to the MTC, so she asked if she could stay the night with me! So of course I said yes. I was so excited to see her again!.




Megan and I have been friends since 9th grade or so...It's kind of funny how we first met. I believe it was either the end of 7th or 8th grade, and for some reason, Megan had me sign her yearbook. I can't even remember if I had ever talked to her, or even realized she was Mormon or anything, but I wrote a generic "Hey! I hope you have a great summer. Call me sometime and we'll hang out" and I wrote my number. And for reals, whoever actually calls the numbers? No one..or so I thought. About half way through the summer, I get a call. It was from Megan. Now that I look back, I seem to remember not really even knowing who she was when she called. Anyways, she invited me over, and we hung out. It was odd. We made jam with her mom. When her mom took me home, I tripped out of their van and fell flat on my face outside my house. Haha. I don't think we talked again that summer. Freshman year, when we first started seminary, we became friends. Seminary was definitely interesteing that year (heh...let's just say I'm not an morning person...stories from that year are for another time haha), but we became good friends, and we've been really good friends ever since! From making faces at each other during choir and singing the wrong notes on purpose, late night musical practices, and eating lunch in my car during junior year while listening to the Oldies Stations, to being loud in the library and her deisigning my wedding/bridesmaid dresses, it's been fun. Even though we haven't even seen each other for a long time, we talk pretty much every night and have come to realize we basically live parallel lives. It's great. Needless to say, I was excited for her to come down! I just thought you should all know the background on my amazingly wonderful friend before I wrote about her ngiht down here..On to the point of this.

Meggers came over to Daniel's apartment about 9. It took forever for them to find it, and me and Daniel about froze to death outside waiting for her. After she got here, we hung out with Daniel, Jared, and James (two of daniel's roommates), and eventually went over to the Stadium Terrace Club House. There, we were forced (I mean, invited) to say some barbershop tags with Daniel and his roommates. Last time this was attempted, I was intimidated almost to the point of death, and pretty much refuseed to sing at all. Fortunately this time, Megan was here, so I had a bit more courage. It was pretty fun though. Afterwards we came back to my apartment.

Meggers, Andrea, and I went to the creamery to eat "brocolli", and had a great time. This couple in front front of us (actually, I'm not entirerly sure they were a couple), were talking about making out right in the lne. Actually, it was the guy that said that. The girl was entirerly embarassed. I laughed. It was highly entertaining. The "brocolli" sure was delicious.

Then we came back to my apartment. Where the real fun began. Megan and Andrea stole my computer, attempted to ruin my life, but fortunately, I don't think too much harm was done. During the process, megan wrote/sang some beautiful songs on my guitar, but because of the content of these songs (don't worry, it's not innappropriate in the least. I'm just protecting my image and avoiding embarrasing situations), I will not be posting these.  We were definitely way hyper..and it was great. While going through my door, we found two boxes of bottle caps. I had already eaten the only colors I like (red and orange), so I shared em with my roommates and megan. it was pretty great. Lets see...Just had some fun times..HEre are some pictures. unfortunately I did not take any pictures of me and megan..but my excuse for that is because my camera's battery died pretty early on and i discovered I had lost my charger. Sad, I know. 



No..I really wasn't eating them. haha. Like I mentioned..all the good ones were gone

She, on the other hand, inhalled all the nasty brown ones. 
She's basically famous. No joke. 
Oh Lindsay, you're beautiful. 
I only wish I knew how to play the guitar well. So far the only thing I have been able to do well is the saints go marching in. My talent ends there. 


Ruining my life, yes? 
Megan actually knew how to play a few songs. 

McKenzie is just too cute.

Megan and I stayed up til about 4:00. we watched "I eat 30,000 calories a day" and the primordial dwarf show. It was awesome. I think the last 20 minutes of our conversation was pretty much a bunch of mumbles. 

Megan is great. I'm glad she came down to visit and I can't wait to see her again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Aspen said...

Nasty brown ones?!?! Whatever...the brown ones rock!