Monday, September 22, 2008

FHE...Horne 52 Style

In my ward, the ratio is 2:1. And yes, it kind of stinks. Especially because some Heritage buildings is 1:2...as in 1 girl to every 2 guys. I mean seriously, at least even it out so the wards are 1:1..Oh well. So anyways, my family home evening group has my apartment (of course), one room from Harris hall, and then a guy room from Broadbent. At first, I was a little bit..tiffed, that could be the word, because there was like a million girls, and then 2 of the guys were under 18, and one was an RM. Quite the diverse group. I'm actually really liking the group now though, most everyone is pretty great!! Last Monday, my apartment was in charge of the activity. Now, I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't here during the initial planning for our epic activity, but I'll just pretend like it was my idea. Just kidding, I think it was Shalece! She's always full of good ideas But take a look at these pictures. You will be amazed and probably think "Wow, I wish I was part of their group". Maybe someday.





Okay, you might be thinking "ew, nasty. They are so weird." And well, you might be correct. But hey, it was fun. We decided to play a rousing game of "Would you Rather". For those of you who are unfamiliar with this game, you are basically asked two different scenarios (they can be funny, gross, serious, etc..they just have to present a difficult choice), and you have to pick one. The way we played, everyone was put into groups of three, and if you and your group mates didn't pick the same answer, you had to blindly choose one of these umm...concoctions :-D There were some normal ones, like kool aid and banana shake..but there were also some not so good ones. Such as, horse radish (i think) with yogurt...baby food..beats..and best of all, vienna sausage, pureed style (that's the first picture I put up here..hehe). I was so happy, cuz two of the three times I had to do it, I got kool aid and the banana shake..the only "bad" one I had was the pureed beats, which just was really spicy and kind of made me feel kind of sick afterward. I sure felt bad for some of the others who got the nasty concoctions..sure was funny to watch them drink em ;-) It was a really fun activity though! We had a great lesson by one of the girls from Harris, and then the guys made some brownies. They were great! And now, for the pictures. Drum Rolllll......


It's like they thought that linking arms would give them some sort of special power to discern eachothers thoughts. I'm pretty sure it didn't work. Well, probably once or twice. But not every time! haha, the guy in the middle, Taylor (i think) isn't even in our group..He's the Bishop's son. But it's okay. We adopted him for the night. He was lucky.
I think this was my kool-aid. It was pretty good! Me and my group were actually pretty good! (Except when Tim totally missed a question that was pretty obvious what me and Kelly picked, yet he didn't pick it to uphold is manly image!)

Kenzie probably had my favorite reaction to the drinks of anyone that night.

Lindsay was taking awhile to contemplate the question....Would she match up with the other two?
Moment of Truth.....NOPE! She picked the second choice (I believe I agreed with her choice actually)
And here is the consequence.



Fun Fun Night! I can't wait for the awesomly great FHE activities which are to come :) I'd probably have to say we got the best group in BYU 13th Ward!

4 comments:

Kristalyn said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad that you go to FHE...when I was a freshman, I was an FHE mom and our ratio was 3:1 guys to girls...so lots of people didn't show up to our group. I"m glad that yours is already way better!

Lindsay said...

That was such a fun activity! For sure the best so far. Kenzie's reaction was hilarious...except when I was worried she would throw up on me! Ahh good times with Horne 52 girls and our fhe :)

Diana said...

What a fun idea for an activity. YOu sure lucked out not having to drink anything too nasty!

Babzanne Barker said...

That is the weirdest game I've ever heard of--especially those drinks! Perfect for a BYU FHE night!! Glad you have such a fun group.