Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 21 - A picture of something that makes you happy

Day 21 - A picture of something that makes you happy


I epically failed at keeping this up--and I thought I was doing so well! Oh well. Maybe I'll finish this off this month. In addition, I decided I wanted to do something "Christmas-y" on my blog this year, so I think every day (or, every day that I can), I am going to highlight a specific Christmas song that I love, and write a little bit about it, talk about some type of family Christmas tradition, and/or other random Christmas topics. That will be fun!

Anyways, a picture of something that makes me happy. There are some obvious choices I could put up...Forrest, my family, the temple . . . but I do those quite often, so here is something random that makes me happy: 


I'm getting married, in the middle of December, in Colorado. There have been very few December's that I can remember that weren't freezing anod didn't have snow on the ground. Thus, I'm preparing myself for a rather chilly wedding day. My dress is short sleeve (because really, I don't like long sleeve dresses all that much), and probably not the most conducive article of clothing for heat. Forrest suggested I wear long underwear my dress (he's always full of great ideas), but that obviously wouldn't keep my warm up top. So, as I was looking at the place I got my dress, Gowns by Pamela (by the way, go there to find your dress! Seriously gorgeous dresses and super amazing prices...renting sounds kinda ghetto, but it's worth it, I'm pretty sure), and they have these pretty "winter capes" you can rent. So, after talking to my mom, we decided it would be a good idea to have one of these at the temple. Granted, I probably won't wear it that much, since I don't want it to cover up my dress or veil or hair, but it will be good for some moments--maybe it'll make a few good pictures. Anyways, that is what has made my happy today!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mars said...

cute! What a great idea. My friend got married in December a few years ago and had a fur hand warmer thing haha. It was so cute for pictures!

Tasha said...

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna wear ugg boots under my dress. Just sayin'.