Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkins

Today, I came to a realization.

Today I realized that I'm addicted to pumpkin.The taste, the smell, the look of it. It's amazing.

I think it all started with the pumpkin cookies. The ones that Cindy introduced me to a few years ago, that I've referenced several times this year. There was just a very delicious taste to them that I can't get enough of (which reminds me...I haven't made some for awhile...)

Whenever I see pumpkin as an option, I pick it. Pumpkin pie? Amazing! Pumpkin scented candles? Even better.

Yesterday I went to Zupas with my friends Cortney and Rachael. When I go there, I typically don't venture out on my soup selection. It's typically either chicken enchilada soup, or tomato basil. But when I saw the advertisement for this soup, I couldn't resist getting it:


It was a really yummy, vegetarian soup. It had pumpkin, coconut, red peppers (I think), black beans, and some yummy spices, and topped with macademia nuts (my personal favorite). I feel like it was really healthy, but had a delicious taste to it. I ate it really slow, just to enjoy it even more than I think I otherwise would have. Definitely recommend it.

Then today as I was leaving the Wilkinson Center to walk over to work, I noticed a sign advertising the "Limited Time Only: Pumpkin Spice" smoothie at Jamba Juice. I debated getting it or not, and I decided I had to try it at least once. SO good. There was pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg in it, and totally worth the wait (and having to practically sprint to work because the line was deceptively long and took longer than I was expecting). I didn't drink all of it, unfortunately, but it was so good. 


So, I love pumpkin. In case you needed a reminder. Maybe it's because I was born at the beginning of November, when pumpkin is definitely very much in the air. I'm sure that's it. Anyone have any suggestions for other yummy pumpkin foods?!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ellen Irion said...

Pumpkin pancakes my friend...get yourself over to ihop and enjoy :)

Kristalyn said...

I went to Zupas last year and I almost tried that soup! Glad to hear that it is good. David will never go there because he thinks they will put mayo and ranch on his sandwiches there but i love it! Haha I think I saw you there the one and only time I went. :)