Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

So, 2009 has come and gone. It was a year of ups and downs, triumphs and disappointments. It was the best of times, and it was the worst of times. 


Heh, I'm done with trying to sound deep and insightful. 

Really though, it has been an interesting year. I've changed and grown a lot. Spiritually, socially, emotionally, etc. There were many different twists that sometimes I felt like I was living in an episode of 24 (you know, minus all the guns, terrorism, political scandals, and Jack Bauer.) I learned a lot. I gained a whole ton more confidence. As I look back on the year, despite some hard times, I'd say it was rather successful, and I definitely can see why some things turned out the way they did. Would I change anything if I could? Maybe. But everything happened for a reason, and I'm a better person because of it. When I look at where I was at the beginning of this year, and where I am now, I like the person I have become. I feel like the best really is yet to come, and that this past year I met certain people and had certain experiences that have shaped and changed my life forever. I am truly excited for this next year. Truly, I feel like it might be one of the best yet. Thank you to all those who made this year worth living, and to those who made it slightly less enjoyable...Well, I still love you. 




And, here are my "goals" for this next year (I refuse to say resolutions). Let's see if I can keep them :)


--Get a kick butt GPA next semester. Not like mine was bad the past three or anything . . . I mean, it's high enough to keep me in good academic standing :) 
--Get admitted into the Print Journalism program
--Become a better friend
--Be the best sister/aunt/daughter I can be
--Truly study the scriptures and gain a stronger testimony of them and understand them better.
--Make sure I attend the temple every week and do baptisms 
--Serve others more
--Go up to Salt Lake and see Cindy and AJ and Lyla more
--Figure out a way to get the government to hurry up the visa process and get Charbel here
--Become a more confident person
--Get more readers for my blog! Somehow....
--Go the gym 6 days a week and become an all-star runner. I'm half way there ;-) 
--Lose at least 20 pounds. 
--Get to bed earlier
--Figure out how to get over my procrastination problem
--Write my missionary friends better
--Find a man like Jack Bauer and marry him
--Become more awesome
--Figure out who the writers for MPB are, and also a few of the other anonymous bloggers I read.
--Become a better writer
--Probably try and be less sarcastic (I'm trying, really).
--Actually prepare myself meals 
--Start reading as much as I used too. I miss that. 
--Figure out how to get boys to fall in love with me without even trying, and then shamelessly shut them down (hahaha..Not really. I'm nice, really).
--Better myself and become the person I know I'm supposed to be.
--And overall, live my life to the fullest, not waste time, tell those in my life that I care about that I love them more, confess my undying love to someone (but not really cuz I'm to shy for something like that), be more trusting,  and overall, be the happiest person I can be. 







HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!!!!


(and I have another post below this with a picture review of this past year. Enjoy :)

3 comments:

Jules AF said...

Good luck! (Also, it says "god academic standing." I HATE when I write god instead of good! Especially when I'm trying to write "Oh good.") argh!

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

If you figure out the whole procrastination thing, let me know. I am working on that too.

Babzanne Barker said...

I love your resolutions--uh, goals! I'm sure you are going to have a wonderful year. Love you lots, Mom