Sunday, December 20, 2009

Qdoba. No other words are necessary

But since I can't ever do something without saying words (I don't know how people do wordless Wednesdays on their blogs. Blows my mind away), I will now recount the epic adventure I had today. To Qdoba.

For anyone that has never had Qdoba: I feel very sad for you. Words cannot explain how delicious this place is. I would choose it over Costa Vida, Chipotle, Cafe Rio, or any other Mexican-style place. All those places are good, yes....but they just don't have the same deliciousness that Qdoba emits. And none of them have the three cheese queso that I find myself craving on a regular basis while I'm in Utah. Rumor has it Provo used to have Qdoba, but it went out of business. Why? Because the world hates me.

Before I leave for Utah, I always make sure to hit up Qdoba. And you'd better believe it's the first place I go out to eat when I get back. A few days before I got back, I texted my friend Megan and we decided we would go to Qdoba on Saturday. I anxiously awaited this trip. I didn't even eat breakfast, so I didn't feel as bad eating the highly caloric meals they have. Such a sacrifice, I know (it also helped that I didn't wake up til about noon thirty).

So Megan shows up. Comes in my house. We are pretty much wearing the exact some sweater. I didn't take any pictures (shock, yes). But I really felt the need to document this with a photo, so, this is basically what we looked like:




This looks exactly like us, by the way. Like Megan really has no hands


We both felt really silly. And that we probably looked like we were on a date and matching when we went to Qdoba and then ate our food at the lake. Awkward. I mentioned boys as much as possible as we sat. But then again, I would do that anyways. This is just more proof of our twinageness. If she was born two years sooner, looked like me, and had the same mother, I would really think we were twins. It's pretty uncanny how similar we are. When she's having a bad day, so am I. She's messy and piles her clothes up her room, and so do I (sorry Mom. I still haven't learned how to hang my clothes up very well). She's awesome, and I'm awesome(er). And there's a lot of other things, but it's late and I don't feel like thinking of them. Just take my word on it. The only thing we really differ in is taste in boys. I like those nerdish, tall skinny ones with green or blue eyes that I described in a few posts ago. She likes kind of chubby/buffer ones with brown eyes. Today we took a survey of something we were discussing. All my guy friends seemed to have similar views to me, and her's to her. Interesting. Anyways. We both realized we decided last night we were gonna wear the similar outfit. It's like our minds are connected.

Anyways. Qdoba was delicious. I wish I could go there everyday. Part of me would like to work there, just so I could get free food. But then I realize that I really don't speak much Spanish, and the people who work there would probably just talk in Spanish about that crazy white girl who keeps eating all the food. My self-confidence would be lowering without me even knowing it. It just wouldn't work. Too bad Qdoba is dang expensive, and I'm a poor college student. Speaking of, I'm about to start looking like a heroine addict. Plasma selling begins in my life as soon as I get back. Yeah  baby.

If you haven't had Qdoba. Eat it. Love it. Crave it. You're life will never be the same.

I just thought everyone should know that.

(And today Hannah and I practiced our song for Church on Sunday. I'm pretty sure whoever decided that we should sing together was hopped up on something crazy. Oh, that was our mother's. We can barely make it through without laughing. And both of us are too lazy to actually look at the notes and rhythm. Heh.  Sorry Cortney. I'm sure your life was miserable for that hour we "practiced".)

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have never heard of Qdoba. But I could really go for some Cafe Rio right now.

Anonymous said...

Brian just went there yesterday. I wonder if there are any in NY, he talked about how great it was.

Jules AF said...

Don't say anything bad about Chipotle, or I will stop reading your blog. :)