Sunday, October 18, 2009

"Rock" Candy

Yesterday, my friend Megan and I were walking to the grocery store when I spotted a sign from afar on Provo High School. In big letters it said "Bridal Fair." I really love weddings, so I drug Megan there and we walked in. Let me tell you, I was in heaven. They had tons of dresses, rings, food, and just all sorts of wedding goodness. I even got a sweet fortune cookie that says if I buy a bridal set and a mans wedding band, I get a free honeymoon. Now I just need to find a willing man (which, let's be honest, won't be too hard. I'm basically the best). Anyways, on the way out, I saw a bowl of candy with wedding mints and other assorted goodies. I saw something red, and I was so excited, because they looked like these delicious raspberry cheesecake bites I had eaten at a wedding a year ago. So I went over and grabbed one. Someone looked at me funny, and I just brushed it off as them being jealous. I popped it in my mouth, and took a big bite. Yeah. That piece of candy ended up being a decorative rock. Basically, I tried to eat a rock at a wedding fair. Heaven was on my side because I only came away with some sore teeth and nothing broken, but let me tell you, kind of embarrasing. When we got home I told my friends and roommates, and one of my guy friends was like "I just don't even know how to respond to that." Well. Neither do I. But now I know to check before attempting to sink my teeth into a nice shiny looking piece of candy.

Excuse my nasty hair; I had just gotten back from the Temple. This was from a delicious crepe table. They had so many yummy toppings, I tried them all!




I made Megan stand next to this sweet wedding cake. She wasn't as thrilled to be at this wedding fair as I was...

6 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

hahahaha that was hilarious! I am glad your teeth are okay!

Kristalyn said...

I totally remember those cheesecake bites! LOL that is so funny that it turned out to be a rock, though. Glad you didn't lose any teeth over it!

Diana said...

I am laughing so hard! That is so funny!

Babzanne Barker said...

That is very funny--why did they have a bowl full of little red rocks sitting out anyway? Sounds like a trap to me! haha!

Mars said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE weddings too! I would have been in heaven also. I'm so lame I've already found a dress online that I'm in love with, a ring I'm in love with, & lots of other things...my poor boyfriend haha.

that is so funny about the rock! I'm glad you didn't break any teeth! That's totally something I would have done too :)

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious! and btw...seriously Katie Barker, I should've asked you to help plan the wedding because you like this stuff hahaha