Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back at the Blue

Well, I have a blog to write about Mexico, and one about skydiving. But I really don't feel like doing either now. Mainly cuz I'm at work and there are no pictures here. But I figured I would just write about my first few days of school!

I'm obviously back at BYU, and I'm glad to be here. I was sad to be leaving home, but in some ways I was ready to be back. This summer has been kind of hard for various reasons. I drove out with Diana, with my parents driving all my stuff (I don't see how people can stuff all their stuff into little cars and then drive all the way to college. Crazy people who pack light!). We moved my stuff in. It was great. I hung out with my family quite a bit the past few days before Diana and Levi left. We had a fun shower for Cindy.

Then class started on Monday.

My first class was LDS Marriage and Family. It's pure awesomeness. Especially cuz there are more guys than girls. Attractive, single (for the most part), returned missionary boys. Yes please! haha. Really though, I'm so excited for this class. My teacher is so funny and interesting, I think it will be really informative. Especially because our first assignment was to write an autobiography of our love lives. That was due today. I embellished a lot of it, going into detail about my crushes from elementary school on. And then it ended with my current situation. Which was sad. And I was sad writing it. But that's okay!

Then I had New Testament. Everyone and their mom is in this class. Like really, I swear I knew half the people. They must have all found out I was in their (just forget the fact that it's with one of the best religion teachers at BYU. I like to flatter myself). I have the same teacher I had for Book of Mormon, which I'm really excited about!

Physical Science Lab was next. The teacher didn't show up. Nice. What a great way to end the day.

On Tuesday I started at the day with Biology Lab. And I surprisingly liked it. And I came to realize that science classes for elementary ed majors are more on my level. Unlike that ridiculous biology class I took last year. I'm still bitter about that. I met some really, really nice people. But the class is at the bottom of this weird staircase I didn't even know existed. And I wore high heels. My feet hurt. So. Bad.

Oh and I made an unfortunate discovery. There are no boys in Elementary Ed. Maybe I should have majored in something more male dominated. Like business. But then again. I hate math. And business.

Interior design. This class is gonna be awesome. I am terrible when it comes to decorating and making things look cute. Somehow I missed out on that gene. Hopefully this class will help me enough so I can at least make my future home look nice. Instead of mismatched colors and weird furniture that doesn't match. hehe.

I've been pretty busy since I've been here though. I work, a lot. 20 hours. Which is the maximum amount that a full time student can carry during fall/winter. Don't ask me why I'm doing that. Actually. You can. It's because I want (and need) money. And my job is sweet. On monday we had yummy hawaiian haystacks at Kristalyn's house. Then I went over to Lindsay's bday celebration. It was so so good to see my old friends from last year. They are so fun. I showed them my skydiving video which got a lot of laughs. Because I look absolutely ridiculous. Yeah. Don't think I'll b showing this video to many others. haha.

Tuesday kind of ended not so great. My boyfriend broke up with me. I knew it was coming, and I should have broken up with him first. But I was lame and just always had some glimmer of hope things would work out. Even though everyone I know had been telling me to drop him. It kind of sucked. And as much as I'm trying to act like it doesn't bother me, and that I'm better off without him, I'm still sad. I am grateful for angel's that God sends into your lives when you need them the most. He broke up with me right before I went to work (class, right?). And my dear friend Leah came over and talked with me for a few hours. Heaven knows if I had had to sit downstairs by myself for 3 hours I would have probably gone crazy. She said a lot of things that I needed to hear, and I am so grateful for her. I'm grateful for all my friends who let me rant and be sad. And for my awesome sisters :) I doubt anyone cares about this. But this is totally like my journal (seriously so blessed moment ;-), so I figure I'll leave a record for my prosperity so they will know about the first time I really got my heart broken. Yay. So if anyone knows any attractive, extremely nice, boys at here at BYU, hook me up. I guess I should try and break my record for 5 dates in a week. hehe.

So this semester has started off kind of on the wrong note. But I do have a lot of awesome friends, and I think this will be a really good year eventually. Here's to hoping! :)


"And now I'm glad I didn't know, the way it all would end, the way it all would go. Our lives are better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Katie, I'm so sorry you had your heart broken. I hope it doesn't take too long to mend and heals stronger than before.

Love,

Steph

Kristina P. said...

I'm so sorry about your boyfriend! But you are such a cute girl and some other guy will be lucky to snatch you up!

Talking about your classes takes me right back to BYU, 10 years ago!

Diana said...

I'm so glad I got to drive out with you to Utah, and help you get settled. I am so sorry that you haven had a rough start. Even though I knew that he was not the one for you at all, heartbreak is so hard. I am here for you whenever you need to talk. You better text me this semester and sill me in on everything!!

Lindsay said...

Girl, I'm SO glad were all down here again so we can hang out and actually know whats going on in our lives! I miss talking to ya all the time- and not JUST about boys. ;) Although we all know that's our favorite! SO SO SO happy we can chill!

Mars said...

So I totally should have just read your blog post before I asked you like 50 questions of FB chat :) But I'm sorry about your bf. It's so much better to be heartbroken for a little while then to be with someone for a long time that isn't right or someone you're better off without. I know you will find a cute nice boy soon! Good luck in your classes. They sound fun & interesting! You are working a lot but that's good. It's always nice to have money (in a non-materialistic way haha) It might be hard, but it's not impossible & I know you can do it!

Unknown said...

I haven't read the post yet...but the title...makes BYU sound like the ocean lol

Unknown said...

Haha. So I read it and have to leave another comment. First of all. I think we should be able to leave comments after every paragraph (blogger's flaw) simply because I always have little jokes to insert. But anyway. I just have to say there aren't any "attractive, extremely nice, boys...at BYU" because I am in IN preparing to go on a mission. Duh! But in all seriousness...I AM in IN. Ok. For real seriousness this time. I didn't know you broke up with your boyfriend and I'm sad to hear that. However, I know you are awesome and I know you will take life by the horns, (or a Mormon guy, I hear we grow horns after our missions) and do something amazing with it!