Monday, August 17, 2009

This just made my day!

So today when I came into work, I checked my work email, looking for the typical email from one of my supervisors, or from one of the adjusters asking me to check on a claim. However, when I logged in, I was surprised to see an email from a customer I had assisted a few weeks ago. It was such a great start to my day, no matter how simple it was:

"Katie, I've kept your e-mail on list for this day. Cancellation is complete and check is here. Thank you very much for your kind consideraton. I'm sure it made this go smoothly. Keep up the good work as few do it today."

I'll admit, sometimes I get kind of annoyed with the people I'm talking to here at work (like this guy last week who kept asking me about "hypothetical" situations that could possibly occur, not to him, but other people...), but generally, I really try and be nice, and even when I know the customer is wrong, try and sympahtize when they are explaining their problem, and it just makes my day a lot less stressful when someone says "you really helped me out, thank you so much!". It just makes a person feel good to know that someone appreciates the seemingly menial work. I guess that saying Thank you really does make a big difference, no matter the situation. Anyways, I thought it was nice of that man to email me...What a nice start to my week (even if I'm only working one day...haha)

6 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

I am involved in tech support over the phone, so I sympathize with you over your job...I always say it;s thankless, but at least somebody thought enough to thank you!

Kristina P. said...

Positive feedback is always appreciated, and usually lacking!

Stephanie said...

I need the Facebook button saying I like your post! That is awesome :-) it is always nice when you receive recognition for your work! Good job!

Stephanie Faris said...

It's good to know that our comments of appreciation actually get read. So many times I contact companies to know when an employee has gone above and beyond, and I never hear a word in response. Why is it a complaint gets a response but not a compliment? It shouldn't be that way.

Babzanne Barker said...

Lovely post, Katie! Being patient with people always pays off.

Randi said...

I agree! Thank-you's go a long way! Hannah thinks so too.
http://hope4hannah.blogspot.com/
I think it was Aug 14th.

Anyway, congrats on the email! I love it when people do that.