Monday, July 20, 2009

Shine On

(The title of this has nothing to do with this post...It just happens to be the song I'm listening to and I can't think of anything better :-D)

So it's been awhile since I've updated everyone on my exciting life, besides talking about my job. Granted, that's basically what my life is. But that's okay. I'm bored, and at work, with nothing to do. So Time for a post!!

Fourth of July:

My mom, dad, and Michael went to the Rockies game for the game and the fireworks. I'm not the diehard fan that my parents are, so I was about done with the game after...oh the 3rd inning? It was still pretty fun. The fireworks were spectacular! It took forever for them to start though, because half the stadium had to herd down to the field to watch the field (something about it not being safe for people to be directly under the place they were set off...Righttt). And I tend to not be the most patient person...so that was exciting. It was fun though. I loved how they played all these great patriotic songs. You couldn't help but be proud to be American after that! There was this huge Mormon family in front of us (First clue that they were Mormon? All the girls --sisters, cousins, whatever-- were in matching outfits and had homemade bows..not saying only Mormon's do it..but I think LDS people love doing this moreso than most). They were fun to watch, especially the super cute kids!







Family Reunion:
This July was a family reunion for my Mom's side of the family. Usually I don't entirerly look forward to these because well, no one I knew was there. But this time all my siblings (except for Daniel and Charbel :( ) were able to come! It was also my parent's 30th Anniversary, so that was cool to be able to celebrate that with them! My sister, Diana, ordered a cake from all of us that was really cool, and then we had them play a newlywed-esque game. They did awesome on it! The reunion was in Rock Springs, ID, which is a rinky dink little town about 2 hours from Rexburg. Despite being teeny tiny, it was way fun and cute! We spent a large portion of the time at the pool. Well, there were these three platforms for people to jump off of. And they were huge. The day before we went Brandon was like "okay everyone has to go off this" and I agreed, not meaning it at al. But apparently saying I would was signing my death wish. The next day, Diana and I ended up going to the top of it (you have to sign a waiver to jump off...pretty sure anything you have to sign a waiver for isn't safe). I was planning on backing out at the last second. But that didn't happen. And Diana and I both jumped off. That was the most painful decision of my life. My tailbone has hurt ever since. Granted I've gotten a little used to it so it doesn't bother me as much, but it was so not fun. I tried to get my mom to let me have some of her vicodin..but that didn't work. I honestly don't think I've been in more pain! And Diana felt the same way, so I'm not just a wimp! But hey, at least I can say I did it..twice (yes, I'm dumb and did it again even though it hurt so bad the first time..It wasn't quite so painful the next time). Overall, it was a great trip and it was fun to see all my family and visit with them! (and just so ya'll can see what I jumped off of, here ya go..the top one:)








Work:
I've officially decided I really don't like working. But despite that, I do have a pretty good job. It's really relaxed, and isn't too overly hard. But I get paid bank, so it's totally worth it. And they give us yummy food a lot! Nothing's better than that. Today they announced that they were having to turn the company over to another company because of the economy, so everyone is losing their jobs, but luckily that is not til I'm back in Provo. I feel bad for everyone that works here though. They did give the people who answer calls the option of moving to Chicago to work the new company..haha.

Random stuff:

Megan comes home on Thursday! I'm so super excited! I forgot to mention that I got to see her while I was in Idaho. That was so fun :) We went swimming, walked around for awhile downtown, got some yummy square ice cream from Farr's, and then went to the Lava Hot Springs museum...and made fun of the yearbooks they had. But I'm way excited for her to be home the rest of the summer! Cortney comes home for 2 weeks before fall semester begins, so that's exciting news too! Yay for not being alone!

My phone broke. I guess there was water damage from awhile ago, and it finaly kicked the dust. I luckily was due for an upgrade on my phone, so I'll be getting this beautiful little thing. Hopefully that'll last a long time. I got a great price on it though! But I won't be getting it for who knows how long..I didn't realize you could go into the store and upgrade, so I ordered a phone online. The wrong one. And it got sent to Provo. I finally just intercepted it there and had them send it back to Tmobile, but apparently it takes them up to a month to credit your account. Agh. Oh well!

My flip flop broke at work today. It has been a very sad day. My favorite pair broke when we were in the river in Lava Hot Springs, so I bought a pair of cheapo ones. They proved to be just that very quickly.

My really good friend, Jeremy, came out to visit me this past weekend. It was a lot of fun (even though I felt sick the entire weekend :(. We played some fun games with Diana and Brandon (even though I kind of sucked at Sequence and took forever to take my turn..haha) , went downtown, I showed Jeremy the beautifulness of Qdoba and got him addicted (it's my goal in life to convince everyone of it's awesomeness!), got some steak (and were shown how un-informed we are a bout the cuts of steak), and he kind of sorta taught me how to drive stick shift! Completely on accident, the emergency brake happened to be on at first (not my fault), and so the engine started smoking..But besdies that, I think I did decent for a beginner! He's just about my favorite person, so I was happy he came out! It was fun to see him and I'm really excited to get back to Provo to see him again!


Anyways. That's my life. Now I"m just looking forward to Daniel and Charbel's wedding! That's the next exciting thing of my summer!

3 comments:

Christie Beck said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are up for a phone upgrade...you deserve it since you rarely get new phones or anything. ;) Haha oh man, you make me laugh so much! I hope your blogging increases once we get back to school. I'm going to need something to divert my attention when I should be studying. :)

Babzanne Barker said...

Nice blog!--and little details really don't matter that much--for example saying the reunion was in Rock Springs, Idaho, when it was actually Lava Hot Springs, Idaho! (Rock Springs is in Wyoming by the way!)

Mars said...

Sounds like you've been up to all sorts of fun & exciting things this summer. Sweet phone! I love my blackberry curve so much! I hope it gets to you soon. Cute boy. Man, I sure do love summer!