Sunday, February 1, 2009

Some people dream of being a Super Hero

I, on the other hand, have another secret ambition in life. Today in Relief Society, our wonderful President, Cali, asked anyone who wanted to share some kind of goal or ambition that they want. It could be anything silly or serious, but it was interesting to hear some people. One girl who I think is absolutely hilarious, said that she wished she could be a dinosaur (kind of like my elephant phase!), but when she realized she couldn't be, she changed her goal to a race car driver. I didn't raise my hand, because I didn't really have anything to share, but just as soon as that part of the lesson was over, I realized what I should have said.


I want to go to Culinary School.

And after succeeding there, go on to compete on one of my favorite shows: Win it.
And get my own cooking show on the Food Network.
For reals. How cool would that be? Cooking is one of those things that I really love and think I'm at least relatively decent at. What would be cooler than having a cooking show, where I don't have to pay for ANY of the ingredients, and get to work in an incredibly awesome kitchen?

Yes. This is pretty far-fetched. Like I will ever even go to culinary school. Maybe someday when I'm old. Until then, I'll just keep experimenting..Heck, I honestly would love to have a catering business someday, for like weddings. Maybe that'll happen!

As for right now...

I totally found this awesome free online culinary school. haha

http://freeculinaryschool.com/

I'm doing it.

And also, I realized this too late, but BYU periodically offers cake decorating classes. Umm..yes! I'm too late to sign up this time, but I think next time it is offered, I totally am doing it.

Wow. I"m such a nerd.

But yep. That's my secret desire.

To be Food Network's Next Star.

Kelsey Nixon..THe girl on it from last year who attended BYU? Basically my idol.

NOt really, but seriously, she's so lucky. She got to have her own cooking show at BYU. I want that! Here's her website with some of the braodcasts she did: http://www.kelseyskitchen.com/

So for awhile this afternoon, I googled awesome kitchens. In my house one day, I will have one of those amazing kitchens. Seriously, I don't care what the rest of my house looks like..as long as I have a really cool kitchen. Whenever I go to Kohls or Target or anything, my favorite section is the cooking section..all the gadgets, tools, cookbooks, decorations..I love it! I could literally spend hours there. Nerdy, yes. But there is some really cool stuff there! One day though..you'll see..I'll have a great kitchen :-D

Well, on another note. Andrea and I have decided to designate February (cept for Valentines Day..Her boyfriend will be visiting and they will likely get some kind of desert..and Me..Well, I'll be wallowing in self pity because I have no one to love, so I'll probably go by a bunch of candy and ice cream and sugary goodness like that. Nothing makes a person feel better than Chocolate..However, anyone out there who secretly admires me, feel free to send me flowers and chocolate, telling me how much you love me--wow, holy tangent there), as "No-Sweets February". Hardest. Thing. EVER. And it's only the first day of the month. Especialy those yummy cookies that are on the counter that I made yesterday (good recipe--I just posted it on my cooking blog, along with Kristalyn's yummy Pesto Pizza recipe!. German Chocolate Cake Mix, chocolate chips, andes mints, and butterscotch chips..yum!) are just calling my name. But I've been strong. I ended up making some of my yummy wheat bread and putting jam on it, just so I could have something that had a little smidgen of yummy goodness on it. Haha. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

You are so funny! Seriously, I burst out laughing about halfway through! But I love your dreams--and you never know! If you really want to have your own cooking show at BYU I know you can do it. In the meantime, hurry and post that cookie recipe--they sound delicious! love, Mom

Kristalyn said...

Good Luck! You can totally do it, it is hard, but you have to do it at least once, just to say you have. I'm glad you liked the pizza!