Monday, February 4, 2008

Mitt Rally Colorado


>

Last Friday, My mom, little brother, and I went to the Mitt Rally at Freeway Ford. Not only did I get to get out of my last two classes of the day, but got to be squished inside of a car dealership (I'm sure there was a ton of firecode violations that day). I think they should have planned a little bit better, I mean, why did they only think 150 people would show up (close to 2000 actually did). Although we didn't get there in time to get the free bumperstick or foam mitt, it was really great to hear him. I got pretty close to the front. At two different times, I almost got toshake his hand (if rude people hadn't shoved in front of me..). He made some good points and I really hope he can pull of a win and become the nominee for the republicans. I took some videos, which my brother Daniel put on his blog, but here's some of the pictures I took.



Okay, this isn't the best picutre ever, but it shows how close I was to him at one point!


I think he was quite flattered by the huge crowd that showed up




Saying something amazing,I'm sure


Once again, so close to meeting him

Romney '08!

7 comments:

0 said...

I shook his hand :-D

Katie said...

and I don't like you..it kind of works out then, doesn't it?

Babzanne Barker said...

So close and yet so far away!! Oh well, let's hope he wins the nomination and comes back to Colorado for another rally. love, Mom

Diana said...

I am so excited you have a blog! Now I have another one to stalk(sp)daily =)

thebeninator said...

awesome! it took me a while to get to mitt though, i mean, i was rootin for hunter, but he just wasn't a big enough name :(, but that's way cool.

AJ and Cindy said...

Hey! I just got on Facebook and saw your message about your blog (our comp is so dumb and I haven't been able to get on!) I am gald you have a blog, now I can see what's going on with you!!

Linda said...

I am so glad you are interested in politics! Oh, and in answer to your question on my blog, I recall reading in Luman A Shurtliff's journal of a conversation he had with someone where he mentions that his grandfather fought in the Revolutionary war. I'm thinking it would have been William, but I'll check to make sure. The Parks were in South Carolina (some say Georgia) during the Revolutionary war and some records say that Arthur Park was killed in that war, but I have not been able to verify it. Arthur was the father of George, who was the father of Joseph Lapsley, who was the father of Columbus, who was the father of John, who was the father of Albert, who was your Grandpa Park's father, so that would make Arthur your sixth great grandfather. I'm not sure if any of the Newton's (your Great-Grandma Park's family)were in those wars and I know that none of the Gills (Grandma Shurtliff's family) were because they didn't come to America until early in the 20th century.