Thursday, January 6, 2011

Well, it has been quite awhile since I've posted something.

Why? Well, you know, I've been going skiing (oh actually, not really skiing, it was actually quite the terrible experience and I will never go again!), hanging out with the family, playing games, celebrating Christmas, flying to North Carolina . . .

Oh, and I got married! It was absolutely spectacular and turned out perfectly. And now I'm married to my sweetheart for time and all eternity. Nothing sweeter than that. We've been thoroughly enjoying the past few weeks together and just returned back to Provo last night around 10. Our house is a mess with presents, we haven't bought our books, and all we have to eat is a bunch of expired food, some left over soup from the wedding, and a giant ham my grandpa gave us . . . but we couldn't be happier. I love being married to my best friend, and I am constantly amazed by how sweet he is. Seriously, I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I sure love him.

I'll start posting about all of the winter break festivities on our other blog soon, but I thought I'd just post on update on here with a brief overview of what we've done. It sure was a few weeks of pure newly wedded bliss :)

Skiing at Copper Mountain--Catastrophe!

Receiving my Endowments in the Denver Temple the day before our wedding (beautiful experience!)

Wedding Dinner at Olive Garden...yummy

THE WEDDING! :) :)
 Here are a few of our pictures, courtesy of Anna Gleave Photography, who we couldn't have been happier with. She's a great friend and an amazing photographer who, from the pictures we've seen so far, has captured everything so perfectly. 








We also chose to have a wedding video done of our day, and seriously, I am SO happy we did! I can't get enough of watching it and Bethany Campbell was so great. You can watch the video here. Bethany is amazing!

Christmas Eve and Christmas in Denver with my family :)

A wonderful North Carolina reception!

The Beach in Wilmington, even though it was WAY too cold. Forrest braved the waters, but couldn't stand it for more than a few minutes.

New Years Eve on the Beach

My suitcase being left in Sanford, about 2.5 hours away from Wilmington. Sure was fun surviving on just about nothing for a few days :)

Trying out some yummy new restaurants!

Hanging out with Forrest's family a bit

Staying at a beautiful home of the nicest man in Forrest's family's ward back in NC

Canooeing

Flying back to Colorado on flights that I couldn't wait to get off of. I do not like flying AT ALL! Forrest was very sweet and let me squeeze his hand extremely tightly at different times.

Trying, and succeeding, and stuffing everything into our car and driving back to Utah in the dark. 


:) Life is sweet...very sweet :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

So glad everything is well with you! You made an absolutely STUNNING bride!

Mars said...

You looked gorgeous! I saw your video too and it was so sweet. I can't wait for all of your updates!! Glad you guys made it all your travels safely :)

Diana said...

I have been waiting for an update! What a whirlwind couple of weeks! I'm so glad you guys made it home safely! =)

Babzanne Barker said...

Can't wait to read all the upcoming blogs, even though I got to experience a lot of those things you mentioned it will be fun to see pictures and read about them again! Love you both!!