Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Early mornings....not so fond

Sometimes I wonder what exactly goes through my mind when I wake up in the morning. Since it's so early, and my mind doesn't start working til about 2:00 in the afternoo

"Hmmm...It's about a billion degrees below zero, there's snow on the ground, and you have to walk around all day, back and forth across campus. I think it would be a really smart idea to wear a skirt and flats that absolutely don't cover my feet at all."

And that's what I did. I realized what a mistake this was as I had to step in a huge pile of snow to unlock my door. It was not fun. Not to mention that I only have one glove, so my hands were frozen for about an hour from scraping my windows. Oh, and let's not forget the fact that not only were the outsides of my windows frozen but the INSIDES. I was relying purely on faith that I wasn't about to hit someone as I backed out of my parking spot.

Anyways. My feet were so cold all day. Especially as I trekked from my last class that ended at 5:00 to my car. Honestly, I feel like I got frost bite. My feet are still tingling. I'm not even kidding. And that was about 6 hours ago.

Moral of the story? I'm an idiot.

And Taco Bell no longer has black jack tacos. Cortney and I are in mourning. Please bring us presents to ease our pain.


Oh. But I have the most awesome news ever. Well not ever, but the most awesome thing that's happened lately. A few weeks ago, BYUSA sent out an email saying they need writers for a blog. I was like, "That's totally me! I love blogging!" So I responded, sent them my blog as a sample of my writing, and a little while later I got an email from a guy who is in the communications department, asking to meet with me. So I met with him today, and to make a long story short, I'm in charge of the blog for BYUSA! It's gonna be pretty epic and awesome, and I'm even gonna have a team of writers, and I'll be in charge of all of it. As you might have guessed, I love to write, and I love to blog...So I think this is a great opportunity. And I'm hoping that there might be some opportunities to work within BYUSA. I know a lot of people don't like them, but they are working on changing their image. Give em a chance ;-) This is especially a good opportunity for my impending major (though I still wont' admit to what it is. hehe). BUT if anyone would like to be part of the writing team, let me know. I need some awesome writers who go to BYU :)

This has nothing to do with anything, but I feel like posting it anyways:

So I often tell people how I have fake confidence. But today, I realized...I think it actually turned into real confidence. It's a great feeling. I have found I am no longer afraid to talk to people that I pin "cooler" or "more attractive" (though that's way hard) than me. It's crazy to think how far I've come since high school. And by the way, I really appreciate the comments people left me a few days ago on my my long emotional post....They really helped me out, truly. I've truly tried to be so much happier and optimisitc, and I've been so happy lately! It's awesome :) And can I just say I have the greatest Bishop ever? Rachael and I agree, that he is by far the most perspective bishop ever. I was in his office for tithing settlement today, and he gave me some of the best advice I've ever gotten. He is honestly the best bishop, and truly cares about all of us. He said some things that I really needed to hear. It was definitely not the usual BYU Bishop tithing settlement I'm used too. But I'm so grateful for my ward and Bishop du Preez. Oh, and awesome home teachers. I got the best ones ever. I don't know why. I just feel so happy tonight. Sorry this is way seriously so blessed-esque. Maybe I just feel like I need to write down those times I'm happy, so I remember next time I'm down...that everything eventually gets better (I'll need that after my finals next week)




3 comments:

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

You're not an idiot, these things happen. My friend, The Giant, gets cold easily, and he didn't prepare at all to go to Temple Square. He just had a jacket with one button and froze the entire time. So, no worries.

So what will this BYUSA blog entail?

Kristina P. said...

It is t he WORST when my feet are cold. My body can't get warm when my feet are cold.

Babzanne Barker said...

Love you, Katie! Can't wait for you to come for a little while...and by the way does Santa need to bring you some new gloves, or will the missing one turn up while you're packing????