Monday, November 30, 2009

Two Sundays ago, Stephanie and I organized an awesome Pre-Thanksgiving dinner for some of our friends. Unlike most of the other social events we have tried to organize in the past, this one was actually quite successful. Food was pretty dang good, and everyone we invited came! Anyways, the original plan was to get some Rotisserie chickens from Smith's. Well, we went there around 8 o'clock the Saturday before, and we were disappointed (actually, annoyed and ticked off) to find that all the Rotisserie chicken's were very small and scrawny, despite the sign that said something of the effect of "HUGE chickens". They were not. Anyways, in desperation to decide what we could make to feed around 20 people, we scrambled throughout the store. As we headed towards the meat section, I spotted a huge thing of Turkeys. And that's when the adventure began. We decided to buy a turkey. Because they were on sale. None of us had ever made a turkey, but how hard could it be right?

Heh. Wrong.

The next day, Steph and I woke up bright and early (aka 11:30), and prepped the Turkey. We felt it necessary to video tape this moment, because really, making your first turkey is a BIG deal (don't try and pretend it's not). Well, it was quite the interesting experience. The video turned out to be about 30 minutes long, but Stephanie cut it down and made it 19 minutes, and edited it a bit. So, here blogging world, is the saga of the Turkey of SHLOBB. Enjoy. I swear, it's worth it to watch all 19 minutes :) I couldn't figure out how to post it from my facebook as an actual link on here, so hopefully this like will work

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1145308474936&ref=mf

(Yes, you will notice I left towards the end. I'm a bad person. I decided I would rather do my hair for the day instead of help her solve the problem that came up. It just was stressing me out)

And just for history's sake, here are some pictures from the making of the Turkey, and the actual party!


Giblets. I found out that night that people actually eat those. Let's take a vote. Nasty?
Haha you totally can see us posing in the video for this :P

I was quite disgusted.

The finished product. It turned out so good!

Some of our awesome guests. We have the most awesome friends!





Thanks to everyone that helped and came! It turned out better than we thought it would :)

1 comment:

AJ and Cindy said...

what a fun idea! looks like a great time!