Monday, August 10, 2009

Never say Never

When I was in middle school, I used to say I'd never wear makeup.



Oh, but as you can tell in this beautiful picture. I do now. (and no, I really don't wear my make up and hair like that)


Also in middle school, I said I would never buy a purse. I thought they were dumb and not useful.

Fast Forward to now. I have tons of purses. I get giddy over the wonderful deals that Target always seems to have. My friends tease me by saying my purses pretty much have my life and everything you could possibly need in them. I look back and wonder, why was I saw biast against purses? I think I was a bit crazy.

Once again, until I was in high school, I didn't really care about how I looked (I'd say my most awkward stage was the middle school-9th grade years. I hide my school pictures from then because I'm so appalled. Some people may say I'm still in my awkward stage. I beg to differ). I think the only thing I owned was a brush and nerdy headbands. Now, I think I could open my own salon with all the stuff I own. Straightner, curling iron, crimper, hair dryer...countless products from garnier fructis. Oh how times change (And I admit...sometimes I still just brush my hair in the morning and call it good. But I'm not as weird as I was in middle school!).

I really didn't care about clothes. And while I still occasionally (ok..this summer more often than at other times), gems like this:




I actually enjoy buying cute clothes. Even though I do wear my sweats and pajama pants more than my mother would like (I promise, it's just because I really want to be on what not to wear). I do like cute clothes, and I have a closet full of them. I never thought I'd say I like shopping..Because I didn't. But I so do now.


I always said I would never buy anything produced by Apple. Really. I just am pretty prejudiced against them. But alas, I finally caved and bought an iPhone. Great decision, for the most part. I will never get a mac computer though. Sorry super awesome friends that own them!


Anyways, point of this blog? There was one thing I said I would really never do. Wear high heels. I think (er..thought), they were dumb and made me look way too tall. I'm not really short (unless you compare me to most of my friends, who are pretty much giantresses, in a good way, don't worry), so I never felt the need to make myself taller. However, the other day I was going through my closet and I discovered a pair of heels. And I was like "heck, they go with my dress, I'll wear them!" And lo and behold. I loved them. And have been obsessed ever since. Granted, I only have about 3 pairs of heels, but oh, that'll change. I still love my flats. PRetty much, I just really like shoes. But Finally, I have caved and decided that heels are cute..Hopefully next time I find a new like, it won't be one that will end up costing me money..Sigh..

(Yes, I did take a picture of my foot. I think pictures of feet are nasty. But I felt the need to have a visual for this blog. Forgive me. And these are a lot cuter in person.)


Moral of the story? If you say you aren't going to do something, you probably will. Well, if you're me at least. Most people are probably more firm in their decisions than me. hehe.

4 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

I never said I would wear high heels, make-up, or a purse either, but I finally broke down and...ohhhh...um, none of this ever happened, OK? Never happened! Hahahaha!

Babzanne Barker said...

You really have changed a lot since middle school! HAHA But still the same sweet girl.....

Kristina P. said...

Those are cute!

And I have a full closet of heels, and when I moved work locations, had to stop wearing them because I work in a much larger place and have to run all over!

Mars said...

Oh my gosh you are so cute & funny! I've done that too, said I'll never do something & then end up doing it. MOST thing, there are some things I still won't do. I love being comfy, but I LOVE cute clothes...but I'd pick to wear comfy clothes over cute clothes anyday...ok actually I'd rather just be in cute comfy clothes aka sweats & t-shirts. Cute heels! I live in heels and I love them. But I might just have back problems one day because of them? haha.